Tuttabankem may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy has last been updated on 4th May 2018.
The legal basis for collecting data:
We collect data and process it under a number of different legal bases, which are set out below:
We will ask for your direct consent to use your data. E.g. when you sign up to receive our email newsletter.
We will require your personal details to fulfil any order that you place with us. E.g. your address details to send you the item you have ordered.
If the law requires us to, we may collect and pass on your details in the event of fraud or to comply with HMRC requirements.
We may require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. E.g. Using your contact details to send you our catalogue by post.
When we may collect your data:
- When you visit our website
- When you create an account online
- When you make a purchase from us – either online, via phone or fax
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you sign up to our newsletter online
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you comment or provide a review about our products
- When you have given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you
What type of personal data do we collect:
We may collect the following:
- Full name
- Address (both Billing and Delivery)
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Order History – including product and size plus any special requirements
- Payment Details
- IP address and other technical information including pages viewed on our website, browser type, device type and location. This information is only collected through our website to help deliver the best possible web experience.
- Social media name if you interest with us via social media
How and why we use your personal data:
The main reasons for collecting personal data from you is to provide you with the best possible service we can.
We use your data to:
- Process orders – to be able to deliver any order you place with us (via courier or Royal Mail) and let you receive updates about an order or contact you if there are any issues with an order including providing refunds.
- Comply with our contractual and legal obligations.
- To respond to any queries, complaints or refund requests.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activites.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- To send you email newsletters if you have signed up for them on the form on our website.
- To send you relevant communications by post in relation to offers and products – you can opt out of this form of communication at any time by contacting us.
- To provide a picture of how our website is used and what improvements can be made
How we protect your personal data:
Data security is a top priority – we treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We protect our website and the transactional areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
Your personal data is password protected and any sensitive payment information is secured and tokenised to ensure it is protected.
We have systems in place to monitor our website for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
How long is your personal data kept for:
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected.
At the end of the retention period, your data will be completely deleted.
Who do we share your data with:
We do not share your data with third parties for their own purpose.
We do have to sometimes share your data with trusted third parties to help fulfil our services – for example with couriers to ensure safe delivery of your order. Other examples may include:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as our UK dressmakers and delivery couriers both in the EEA and outside.
- Google/Bing/Pinterest/Facebook who show you adverts that might interest you – this is based on your acceptance of cookies on our website.
- Data insight companies to ensure your details are up to date and accurate.
Our trusted third parties will only use your data for the specific purpose as stated in our contract with them and will be respected and protected at all times.
We may need to share your personal data if required to do so by a law enforcement body.
Where is your personal data is processed:
Your data may be transferred out of the European Economic Area (EEA) for example if you have placed an international order, or to process your payment details.
What are your rights over your personal data:
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data, when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- The erasure of your personal data.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels or all channels)
- The right to restrict processing. That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent
- The right to transfer your data to another company.
Dependant on the legal basis on which we rely to use your personal data – if you request to exercise a right which is not available to you, we have the right to decline the request.
You can request a copy of any information about you that Tuttabankem holds at any time, and also have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01572 717 332.
You have the right to withdraw consent. Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop at any time and we must do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
Direct marketing. You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing. We will always comply with your request.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Please contact us using the details below if you have any queries or if you wish to stop us using your personal data for direct marketing.
By Telephone: 01572 717 332 or 0044 1572 717 332 (outside the UK)
By Fax: 01572 717 333 or 0044 1572 717 333 (outside the UK)
By Email: email@example.com